John H. Jackson Scholarship
The John H. Jackson (JHJ) Scholarship was established to honour John Jackson’s legacy, the most influential academic of his era in the field of international trade law and policy. Prof. Jackson was a long-term friend and supporter of the WTI. Established in close consultation with his family, the JHJ Scholarship offers financial support to one deserving WTI master’s student each year to pursue an unpaid internship at an NGO or public institution. During their internship, the students will be expected to work on a multidisciplinary project relating to trade and/or investment law and policy.
The decision on the JHJ Scholarship award will be taken by the Executive Committee of the GIA on the advice of the JHJ Scholarship Committee, chaired by Dr Lee Ann Jackson and further composed of two MILE alumni.
The amount of financial support awarded is a maximum of CHF 4500.
Eligibility criteria for the JHJ Scholarship:
- To be a current MILE or TRAIL+ student.
- To be admitted to an internship programme of an institution/organisation active in the areas of trade and/or investment.
- To do an internship that involves work of an interdisciplinary nature.
- To do an otherwise unpaid internship.
- To apply for financial support in line with the requirements specified below.
Requirements for a valid application for the JHJ Scholarship:
- An application letter in English explaining the internship’s substantive focus, its purpose, and the interdisciplinary nature of the work engaged in during the internship.
- A letter from the institution/organisation offering the internship, stating: a commitment to accept the applicant as an intern; the importance of the internship for the institution/organisation; how the work engaged in during the internship is interdisciplinary in nature; and that the internship is unpaid.
- A statement on the need for financial support, including a draft budget.
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2022, 12:00 pm CET. Applications must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.